During the Artschol 200 panel on ‘Power and Inequality in Research’ brought attention to some of the challenges that I may encounter in my future research endeavors. I am passionate about human rights, art and culture and can see myself in a field of research that involves the use of photography to document the study of communities and help those who are affected by global issues. Jemaima Tiatia emphasised “the pathway to leadership is through service”. That once you have found your niche you need a vision moving forward and to build relationships with the communities that you are in. To help break the power dynamic between you and them; to privilege the voices that are silent. This will help me when challenged with cultural and language barriers, representing and using belief systems that may not reflect my own identity. Tracey McIntosh mentioned the concept of productive discomfort. While I may go into environments that have the potential to be unsafe and uncomfortable it is important to recognise humanity and to use power as an agent for transformative change. The Politics-of-location approach is something Carisa Showden touched upon that will help me to be reflexive in research, to be aware of the assumptions brought to the research and how it will influence those involved. This knowledge will not only help improve the quality of my future research but also how to be ethically concerned, questioning where power dynamics are at play, to benefit those who are part of the research process.